Sunday 28 March 2010

Some days, a fish really matters...





I love this time of year, It all becomes possible again... that long awaited fresh mackeral tugging on a line. Looking back at this photo of my brother says it all.


I'm off soon on a trip I've always wanted to do, from the CARRABEAN to the AZORES. I hope to be able  to blog when I arrive but there may be some gaps but the photos will be worth the wait. I hope you will enjoy following this journey.


Its thick fog outside and cold, like winter cold, all over again, so its a great time to look back at some of those classic days when we sparked up the jeeps, hooked up the dinghies, raided the shed for the rollocks and got back to sea...



For all the cruising about on luxary yachts, theres nothing like going on a mission in yer' own boat to somewhere nobody goes to. This is Blackgang on the kindest of days, where there's been over 200 ships lost within spitting distance of this photo, including a Spanish treasure ship (for another day) and my silver ingot ring my sis made...




One day, when the Blackgang gives us another chance, I hope to post in some more detail, our missions here looking for shipwrecks, gold, silver rings and... fish. 



If you're not too fussed about all this activity and just like taking it easy, get yourself a BBQ, take it somewhere interesting and contemplate being all at sea. 



No comments:

Post a Comment