Saturday 29 May 2010

DINNER WITH THE GIRLS... NIPPERDOG STYLE


Glad I made the most of last weeks great weather.. A bit of a shakedown the day before left me ready to just go out and do what I recon I'm pretty good at.. RELAXING.  It was also pretty cool to get the mama out there for the evening.


Using my trusty REPALA blue sliver, I managed to catch another nice school Bass and this time thought I'd better keep this one for an imprompto beach barbie down woody bay. Muma's pretty at home on a boat so I didn't have to worry too much about the hard, stoney beach landing.

This part of the island's coast is a real favorite of mine, the beach round the corner is up for sale for a squillion quid...



As I'm sure you all know, I'm a big fan of beach fires.. I think its because nobody owns beaches usually, so nobody can turf you away. High quality relaxing. For me, I always feel its a shame when people turn up at the beach with a foil disposable box and all the crap that goes with it and you know it'll end up stuffed in the hedge.. Can't people have a bit of style and learn how to light fires the old fashioned way, all it takes is some dry grass or dead reeds for some kindling and a few twigs.

This fire only needed a lifespan of half an hour to cook this fish.. A good thing with the lack of wood just here, but we will go into considderable detail on beachfire ettiquette during the season.


For now lets just prey for some decent summer weather, and enjoy the view...



No comments:

Post a Comment