Tuesday 25 May 2010

THE SEASON BEGINS WITH A BASS



At last... after some considderable no from the computer, we have a yes, and a yes!! 
I generally walk away from machines when things go funky, I'd like to say its self control, knowing as I do that theres a great chance I'll throw the thing out the window.. but really I'm lazy when it comes to technology as I see it as time not spent relaxing somewhere.


Having settled into my new job.. Kinda, Its been great to have a weekend of sun and the chance to get out the MARINE BABOON and try my hand with my new spinnin' rod..

With typical presicion, by the time we got the monkey down to waters edge.. it clouded over! I was gutted, mostly because my partner, who loves being on the water even more than me, always seems to miss the best days. So much of the day was cold and over cast, but the early evening came out beautiful. Tara learned some pretty impressive casting skills.


We tried some trolling along the South coast of the Island for some bass, a great sport fish, the expensive one you might order at the restaraunt. I figured it to be a bit early for all this nonsense but wanted to try this new rod             nipperdog rating of rod (leeda 8' spinner, £22.99)  7/10.
The day was really a dinghy shakedown for all the missions I have in mind for this season, so it was quite a suprise to strike into a couple of school (little) bass and some garfish, wierd lookers with green flesh and false hopes.


Its been a fantastic start to the season so far and with a few more equipment purchases I'm ready to go and seek out the spots to wet your appitite for getting out there yourself..



 
Next time on  ALL AT SEA I'll be trying to catch some more fish, but hopfully trying to cook up on a camp fire somewhere...



No comments:

Post a Comment